Expressions of interest are called for the role of Financial Coordinator
Sunshine Coast Sports (SCS) was launched in 2021 with a vision…. To be a respected independent, community sport minded, regional body that champions and supports grass roots sport on the Sunshine Coast, promoting participation and enabling athletes to achieve their goals and aspirations.
Reporting to the board of directors, the Finance Coordinator will support the business the SCS board and undertake the management and operations of the financial matters of the company.
The issue of oversight of financial management and decision making is an obligation and duty of the entire board. Management and operation of the financial matters of a company is preferably undertaken by a financial officer in paid employment. As a fledgling not for profit company, SCS does not have resources to employ a finance officer. In these circumstances, it is necessary to have a voluntary role of finance coordinator who assists and supports the board through the operational management of financial matters.
It is expected that the commitment to fulfill this role would be a day per fortnight plus attendance at board and/or committee meetings each month.
This role will suit individuals who are passionate about the role that sport plays in our communities and ensuring accessibility to sport for all. It will provide a platform for experienced Finance Managersto give back to the community and for those starting their career journey, to gain valuable experience.
Requirements of the Finance Coordinator
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, or commerce, or associated discipline;
- Experience in financial management functions; and
- Holds office on the terms and conditions that SCS Directors determine.
The Finance Coordinator will oversee the financial management and reporting of the company. This includes:
- General financial oversight;
- Banking, bookkeeping, and record keeping;
- Financial planning and budgeting; and
- Financial reporting including preparation of the annual statutory accounts.
The Finance Coordinator will also be a member of the Operations and Risk Committee and support the board in:
- Liaising with external grant writers and the relevant directors, to achieve funding from appropriate sources as appropriate and within SCS’s financing policies.
- Identify and recommend internal control systems are established and monitored.
- Advise the board regarding operational strategies to achieve budgets.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work with a complex and diverse group of stakeholders.
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills.
- Strong written and communications skills.
- Strong problem solving and issues resolution skills.
- Flexible, adaptable and proactive approach.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
Qualifications, Experience and Licenses Required
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, commerce or associated discipline.
All SCS personnel need to meet formal requirements, as determined from time to time,
which may include National Police Record clearance and current Blue Card/Working with
Children Check, before they are appointed to their role.
How to apply
Please ensure that your EOI includes your resume and a written statement that outlines your
experience relating to the above outlined Duties.
Consistent with SCS board and committee membership, this is a volunteer role.
EOIs should be submitted to email@example.com by 5pm Wednesday 15 June, 2022.