Sunshine Coast Sports is pleased to present a new vision and five year strategic plan to regional sports stakeholders, participants and partners.
In 2021, Sunshine Coast Sports has developed a new vision and plan with the support of a grant provided by Sunshine Coast Council.
Support us in helping Sunshine Coast sport to Shine Bright.Five Year Strategic Plan
Sport in Australia
- 14m Australians participate in sport annually
- 1.8 million volunteers provide 158 million hours
- 220,000 are employed across the sector
- 3 per cent of our national GDP
- $83 billion in combined economic, health and
educational benefits each year
- Return on investment of $7 for every dollar spent.
This impact flows directly through to our Sunshine Coast regional economy that has significantly enhanced its commitment to elite sport and related infrastructure and resourcing to community sport in recent times.
- $442m economic benefit
- 2,000 FTE jobs
- 14,000 business’s exist that could contribute to
the supply chain
- 39 sports with national and/or international
Support us in helping young Sunshine Coast athletes to Shine Bright.