Expressions of interest are called for the role of Company Secretary
Sunshine Coast Sports (SCS) was launched in 2021 with a vision….To be a respected independent,community sport minded, regional body that champions and supports grass roots sport on the. Sunshine Coast, promoting participation and enabling athletes to achieve their goals and aspirations.
Reporting directly to the board of Directors, the Company Secretary will support the business of the SCS board and ensure that the SCS complies with all relevant regulatory requirements.
It is expected that the commitment of time to fullfill this role will be two days per month plus attendance at board and committee meetings each month.
This role will suit individuals who are passionate about the role that sport plays in our communities and ensuring accessibility to sport for all. It will provide a platform for experienced Company Secretaries to give back to the community and for those starting their career journey, to gain valuable experience.
Requirements of the Company Secretary
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Law, or associated discipline;
- Experience in company secretarial functions;
- Person appointed must sign a consent form to act as Secretary before being appointed; and
- Holds office on the terms and conditions that SCS Directors determine.
As per the provisions of the Corporations Act, the SCS Company Secretary will be responsible for the compliance tasks in relation to register maintenance, financial records maintenance and the preparation and lodgement of reports in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
In addition to the responsibilities listed in the Act, the SCS Company Secretary’s responsibilities will also include:
- Managing board processes – board and committee papers and circulation of agendas, minutes, discussion papers, proposals for the board and its committees;
- Ensuring members’ and directors’ meetings are properly called and held;
- Development, implementation, communication and maintenance of compliance policies, processes and procedures.
- Advising the board on good practice in corporate governance, e.g. giving guidance on the legal implications of the way it discharges its duties, runs meetings, and makes decisions;
- Organising board performance reviews; and
- Being involved in risk management and corporate responsibility matters.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work with a complex and diverse group of stakeholders.
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills.
- Strong written and communications skills.
- Strong problem solving and issues resolution skills.
- Flexible, adaptable and proactive approach.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
Qualifications, Experience and Licenses Required
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Law, or associated discipline.
- Experience in company secretarial functions.
All SCS personnel need to meet formal requirements, as determined from time to time, which may include National Police Record clearance and current Blue Card/Working with Children Check, before they are appointed to their role.
How to Apply
Please ensure that your EOI includes your resume and a written statement that outlines your experience relating to the above outlined Duties.
Consistent with SCS board and committee membership, this is a volunteer role.
EOIs should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Wednesday 15 June, 2022.